Thursday, October 30, 2008

Is Your Costume Ready?

Is your costume ready for tomorrow night? HEE-HEE! Well, I don't dress up in a Halloween costume, but I usually do wear a Halloween t-shirt when I hand out candy. Do you remember any of your costumes from your childhood days? My most memorable costume was a princess dress & head gear my mom made out of old pink curtains when I was in 1st grade. I remember feeling so elegant in that dress. Wish I had a picture!


Sorry this picture is so blurry! :0)
Here is a picture of my cousins Becky, Nancy, & me all dressed up & ready to trick~or~treat! I think I'm about 3 years old. My Grandma Berger made our costumes out of crepe paper. Can you imagine that? How creative!

Well, I've got lots on my 'to do list' today, I'd better get going! Have a tremendous Thursday!



4 comments:

Stacey said...

I remember the paper costumes and plastic masks. Your face would get all sweaty inside the mask!!

Mary said...

How cute. You all looked like Pilgrims!
I can remember getting so excited to go Trick or Treating that I would get sick to my stomach. Also I loved the homemade pop corn balls a lady in our neigborhood would make each year.
have a fun Halloween everyone
Mary

the voice of melody said...

What a great picture, all three of you looked so cute!

:)

Kristi said...

I grew up during the 1970s, and the store-bought costumes were a plastic suit and a mask.

I was a Star Wars fanatic, so I usually picked a Star Wars character.

Like someone said above, those masks could get hot and sweaty, so one year I opted to just wear an Indian head dress, and a t-shirt with jeans (I was probably 9 or 10 at the time).

Dad picked up some candy for us to hand out, but this was about a week or two ago, and we've been snacking away on it.

I don't know if I'll turn the porch light on tomorrow and answer the door. (We've got only about half a bag of candy left.)

Mom used to frustrated with Dad and me over that years ago- we'd eat up all the Halloween candy before Halloween.