The crock pot has been my cooking companion lately .
Last week we dined on pinto beans then, chili.
Tonight's dinner is another crock pot creation.
I found the recipe on Pinterest.
Baked Potato Soup
- 5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic (you can use whole, crushed, or minced)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning
- Crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove and puree the garlic cloves (if you used whole cloves) along with 1/2 to 1/3rd of the soup, and then reintroduce to the remainder in the crock pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
- Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!
Yields about 10-12 servings.
I'm so anxious to see how this turns out!