Thursday, October 17, 2013

UGH, Never Again!

You have been forewarned.  This is a rant.
We bought our Samsung refrigerator from Lowe's in June, 2009.  Thank goodness we bought the extended warranty. 
We have had problems with the ice maker, it's been worked on 2 or 3 times.
Last month the freezer section quit working.  We lost about $300 worth of food.
They "fixed" it.  The technician told us not to rush out to Sam's & buy frozen food just in case it didn't keep working.  What?  Good thing we took his advice.  Two weeks later the freezer stopped working again.  Another technician came checked it over & said he would have to order parts.  He said they would come back 2 days later.  Only one part came to our house.  They rescheduled for this past Monday.  Another tech came, worked on it 4 hours & said it would cool down in a few hours, but he wasn't sure it was fixed.  What?  Guess what?  He was right.  Now the fridge & freezer sections were not working.  
Not good!
Empty fridge & freezer.

 We have food in this ice chest & our over flow fridge in the garage.

The tech just called & he's on his way.

This mess has been going on for a month.
Never again will we buy a Samsung appliance or anything else made by this company.
End of my rant.  I feel a little better.

9 comments:

Poppy said...

Hi Carol,

So nice to meet you!

I've JUST come from a little walk around your lovely blog and made myself comfortable reading a few of your most recent posts, of which I have to say, first and foremost,

Happy Belated Birthday!

Secondly, it's good to get things off your chest and yes, do the rant, like do the dance, it's a relief, of sorts!

And, lastly, your sweet vase of burgundy petals made me smile, and brought autumn a little closer to my parts!

Have a wonderful day!

Poppy

Stacey said...

I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, it isn't exclusive to Samsung. I had a Frigidaire side by side years ago that did the same thing over and over. Now I have a Kitchen Aid that mysteriously pours water out on the floor and they can't figure out why.

Sis Sue said...

Having lived in many houses with many brands of kitchen appliances, the only thing I have learned is that they don't make anything to last. My rant list is long. So maybe I should just mention the pretty fall colors outside. : )

Patsy said...

They just don't make anything to last now. I feel your pain!

Vee said...

Well there! Good grief! No wonder you're ranting. I would be, too. Hope that this gets resolved once and for all today. Otherwise, I'd be requesting a brand new refrigerator. (We found a local appliance man who is amazing. He does not work for the big box stores. He fixed their goofs in one visit for half the cost of their call. [We did not buy the extended warranty.] In my state, we have a lemon law that works as well or so I'm told.)

Kerin said...

Well, it's good to know what your experience has been.... hopefully it will save someone else the aggravation that you're experiencing!!

They really don't make things to last!! WHY else would they offer an extended warranty with everything?? We shouldn't need an extended warranty, if they made quality items to begin with!!!

Hang in there :)

Kerin

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Thanks for the warning!!! Such a sad statement about something we all need and depend on. When we had our tornado here and no electricity, we got dry ice and put it in the fridge to keep the food from spoiling. WE also needed medicine that had to be refrigerated. I do hope that your fridge/freezer is fixed today and you never have any problems again.
Hugs, Noreen

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I just hate it when things like that happen! I hope it all gets fixed soon.

bj said...

Oh so sorry for this trouble. I just hate it when appliances are brand new (and costs tons of money) and they don't work. One of my pet peeves is people not doing their job!
Most of the time, when things don't work right, it goes back to a person/s not doing the job correctly.
Hope it get fixed or you get a new one. :)