Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Carols

Have you ever sang a pumpkin carol?
I have.  Many years ago when I was teaching elementary music I stumbled across an interesting card in a Hallmark shop.  I thought it would be fun to teach a few of these to my students.  
The Peanuts Book of Pumpkin Carols
It is a fold out card.  All the songs are sung to the tune of Christmas songs.
How about singing, Deck the Patch?
Or, I'm Dreaming of The Great Pumpkin.

Speaking of The Great Pumpkin . . .
source Facebook

I wonder why they are airing this on Halloween night when trick or treaters are out & about ringing doorbells?  I'm pretty sure they've shown it a few days before Halloween in the past.  Oh, well, we'll have to set our DVRs.  

I'm dreaming of the Great Pumpkin . . . . 

6 comments:

Vee said...

Nope, that's a new one to me. I did try one just now, though. I do love all of the Peanuts Gang and the Peanuts specials. Mr. Schultz had a delightful way of getting his point across.

Sis Sue said...

Peanuts are timeless, at least for me. But I am still a kid (when you get past my wrinkles). How about..."I'm dreaming of some chocolate for Halloween" sung to "White Christmas. ; )

Kerin said...

That is a first; I've not seen pumpkin carols before.

Just can't see Ella Fitzgerald singing pumpkin carols***grin*

Happy weekend,
Kerin

Sue said...

New to me, Carol, but I love anything with Peanut characters and look forward to all their programs!! I have so enjoyed seeing you enjoy the autumn season, you are such a delight.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Sharrieboberry said...

I remember singing these in 1975! My favorite is "Shivery Yells".

Unknown said...

I love the peanuts kids. We sing the pumpkin carols while on our annual harvest party hayride. Oh what fun it is to ride in the bumpy bandwagon.