Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Recipe Reviews

We're starting to harvest tomatoes.  
Total count so far, 9.  Looking forward to enjoying fresh tomatoes with salads, sandwiches, & salsas this summer.

Now for the review of the Pinterest recipes I tried yesterday.
These crackers are amazing.  I'm  renaming them 'fire crackers'.  If you want more heat just add more red pepper flakes.

The only herbs I had on hand was dill weed from my spice drawer & fresh Rosemary from my deck.  I cheated a little on the kneading & let my mixer with dough hook do the work.  I did not sprinkle with Kosher salt before baking because we try to steer clear of added sodium. 
The herbs make them tasty.  Next time I may let my bread machine do the dough mixing work or I may try the old fashioned kneading.  Over all the rolls were good, but I think my family prefers old fashioned yeast rolls.

I'm not the 'Pioneer Woman', but it's fun trying, even if I make a huge mess in the kitchen!.


2 comments:

Sis Sue said...

The tomatoes look so nice. Glad you are enjoying your recipes.

Vee said...

Thank you for the honest assessment! The rolls still look good.