Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tortilla Soup

Today, I'm once again depending on my trusty crock pot to
work it's magic & create a delicious meal.
I posted this recipe a couple of years ago, so for those who
haven't seen it I'm reposting again.
I want to give credit to my sister, Mary, for this recipe.
 I have modified it a little from the original recipe she gave me about 18 years ago. 
Since I'm trying to use what I have on hand I also changed up things a little for today's soup,

Tortilla Soup 

1 can whole corn, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 4 cans chicken broth, 1 can Rotel

  1  chopped orange pepper & 1 chopped onion

6 chopped chicken breast tenderloins

1 teaspoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce, 4 tablespoons chili seasoning, 1 tablespoon minced garlic

Put all ingredients in crock pot & cook for 8 to 10 hours on low
or 4 to 8 hours on high.
This soup gets better on the 2nd & 3rd day.
It's also great for freezing.

1 comment:

Sis Sue said...

Using the crock pot is almost like having someone else is doing the cooking. Because when it's meal time you just walk into the kitchen and dinner is waiting on you.