Thursday, August 22, 2013

Update On My Freezer/Pantry Mission

Sunday's beef roast is the gift that keeps on giving.
Seriously.
Here's the list of creations that I've made from that big, lovely roast.
1.  Sunday dinner with steamed veggies
2.  Monday dinner with green salad
3.  Tuesday dinner beef/veggie soup
4.  Wednesday lunch, last bowl of soup for me
I just love these little tomatoes!
5.  Wednesday dinner beef enchiladas
I combined shredded beef, sour cream & salsa for the filling.  I used the small tortillas.
The red sauce was tomato sauce with taco, chili powder & garlic seasonings.
Topped off with cheese & green onions.
Baked at 350 for 25 minutes.
Hubby said it was delicious, better than El Chico.
6.  There were 2 left over for my lunch today.
7.  I had enough filling to make 4 more to put in the freezer,
This little pan came from $ Tree.  I think there were 4 in the package.  They also came with these cool little covers.
They have a great selection of throwaway pans.

8.  The last little bit of beef is going in the freezer with a little BBQ sauce for quick sandwiches.

It has been a lot of fun creating 8 meals with this beef roast.

Tonight is family dinner night.  
Come back tomorrow & see the review of this

I'm linking with . . .

 

3 comments:

Vee said...

We ran out of pot roast before I got to the enchiladas...now I'll be buying some hamburger because I want enchiladas in the worst way...unless I thaw some chicken to make chicken enchiladas...I could do that.

Sis Sue said...

Where there's a will there's a way. Good job.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

And all of the meals look delicious! Smart cooking, Carol. laurie