Friday, August 23, 2013

School House Tablescape & A Review

I'm happy to report that the crock pot chicken & dressing was a big hit.  I'll be adding this recipe to my repeat list.  There were enough leftovers for one more meal.  Love leftovers.

The kitchen table is all ready for a teacher luncheon.
School days
School days
Dear old Golden Rule days
 'Reading and 'riting and 'rithmetic
Taught to the tune of the hick'ry stick
You were my queen in calico
I was your bashful, barefoot beau
And you wrote on my slate, "I Love You So"
When we were a couple o' kids.

The lyrics are from a song that was written in 1907 by Will Cobb and Gus Edwards.
Mrs. Rose Jefferson taught it to our class when I was in 4th grade.
Thank you Mrs. Jefferson for teaching this fun song so long ago.  A memory I carry in my heart.

I'm linking with . . . 
64170_4719850152887_625893102_n

6 comments:

Sis Sue said...

Very cute post. I guess my fondest grade school teacher memory was from 1st grade, Mrs. Love. How can you go wrong with a name like that.

Mary said...

My first grade teachers name was Mrs. Sanders
I remember her face to this day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol! Oh, your table is adorable and I love the song lyrics. The olden books, apples and little teacher are so sweet! That lamp is just the cutest thing too. Thanks for popping in to see my Tilda. You knew I was going to do this! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I love your table, Carol! So many good ideas. I love putting a book on top of each plate, and the apple in the bowl. All of your miniatures in the centerpiece are adorable. Well done! laurie

Vee said...

Sweet table! Was that song part of some curriculum for 4th graders? That's the year I learned it, too! Now I'm off to chase down that crockpot chicken recipe...

Kathe said...

Very cute post Carol :-) I love your rhyme and all of the cute touches for your school days decor!