Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shopping At The Promise Land

After lunch on Saturday, the guys headed to Stillwater for the football spring scrimmage & Susan & I continued our antique shopping in Pawhuska.
We discovered the Promise Land Antique Mall in October.
You never know what you'll find in this shop.
I found several items that I had to bring home.
I saw this $3.00 sheet music on their Facebook page & fell in love with the graphic.
Thanks for holding it for me, Thressa!
$8.00 hand embroidered pillow for the guest room.
The pillow form can be slipped out for laundering.
$3.00 Norman Rockwell plate, perfect for our piano room.
$2.00 each, vintage 1950 knitting books.
These are for a friend who is a talented knitter.
$5.00 Vintage 1917 children's book.
I love the illustrations & the story is fun.
$3.00 Sophia made in England pottery vase.
Great colors for fall decorating.

Come back tomorrow for a post about our last shopping stop of the day.

I'm linking with . . .
thursday favorite things

5 comments:

Vee said...

Do you play the piano? I have such sweet memories of my grandmother playing The Robin's Return. It's loaded with trills...you'll love it! That shop looks pretty neat.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Wonderful finds, Carol! That sheet music is so neat, and I love that vintage bunny book. I enjoyed shopping with you. laurie

Unknown said...

Great finds! You made a great haul!

Sue said...

Hi, I dearly love and adore the pillow- what a great find and I found you through Thursday Favorite Blog Hop.

Kadee Willow said...

How fun to go antiquing with a friend. I have a particular friend with an uncanny talent for spotting things that my eyes failed to see. Things that make you drool! I particularly loved the Peter Rabbit book as children's books make my heart go pitty-pat. The last one I bought was "The Little Rabbit Who Wanted Red Wings". One of my favorites as a child. So, ok... where are we headed next on your shopping adventure? Can't wait to find out!!