Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chalkboard Printable & Plant Clippings

I found this free printable on Pinterest.
Here's the link so you can print your own.
Several weeks ago I decided I wanted some real green in this planter, but I didn't want to fill it with dirt.
I placed a glass filled with water in the urn & a few clippings from a house plant.
Over the weeks they have grown & thrived.
I cut clippings from two plants that were in my classroom.
This morning I put some clippings in one of the pitchers I bought last weekend.
I think it will grow fast in my kitchen window.
This is what this wall hook looked like during the Christmas season.
You can check out my Chalkboard Board on Pinterest here.

I'm linking with . . .
Rooted In Thyme

5 comments:

Vee said...

That is a sweet little hook by your window. Love the fresh green of the cut plant and I like your idea of having cuttings in water instead of potting the plant. It's like having fresh flowers that last longer. (I just found a blooming cactus behind the sofa on a hidden windowsill. That was kind of fun.)

Stacey said...

The printable is sweet. I think I saw that too. You know what I figured out recently? You can download a printable and then upload it to Walgreens. Run up there and pick it up...costs less than $1.00 most of the time. It's so easy!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks for sharing this fantastic printable! New Follower!

Jody

Sis Sue said...

You have a green thumb. Amazing that it is from your classroom.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Cute printable, Carol, and I'm going to copy you and do some clippings from a plant this weekend. Love that little pitcher hanging on the hook. laurie