Friday, April 12, 2013

Apple Oatmeal Crunch

I'm sure you have heard the saying, "Waste not, want not.".
I put that into action yesterday.
I had several apples that were almost ready for the disposal.
This yummy recipe is one I've used for years.
I think the reason I like it so much is because you don't have to make a crust.
It comes from this recipe book that belonged to my Mother.
Grandma Ruby gave it to her after one of her trips to visit her sister, Charlene, in Oregon.
After peeling the apples I cut off the ends to make it easier to cut them into wedges with this nifty little gadget.
Put apples (4 cups), sugar ( 3/4 cup), and 2 Tablespoons flour in a 9 inch buttered baking dish.
Mix 1/2 cup packed brown sugar & 1/2 cup flour, then cut in 1/2 cup butter.
Add 2/3 cup rolled oats & 1 Tablespoon cinnamon.
BTW, did you know you can buy this big container of cinnamon at $ tree?
Put this over the apples.
Bake for 1 hour at 300.
Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.

Apple Oatmeal Crunch
4 cups sliced cooking apples      
 3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
 1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup rolled oats or 1 minute oats
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Put apples, sugar, and 2 Tablespoons flour in a 9 inch buttered baking dish.  Mix brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour; then cut in the butter.  Add the oats and cinnamon.  Put this over the apples and bake for 1 hour at 300. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.  This is also good cold.

If you try it, I hope you like it!

I'm linking with . . .

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yum!! This reminds me of apple crumble, which I love! Want a delicious breakfast this would make with some coffee!
Blessings,
Leslie

Vee said...

Sounds a little like a Crisp and it sure sounds good.

Rhonda said...

I have company and apples, maybe I will find time to make this for Sunday.
Love your little vintage baking pan.

Lynn said...

The crisp sounds great and I love your pretty baking dish:@)