Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hometown Bound

Today we're heading to my hometown.
We're going to attend a party to help my aunt & uncle, my Mother's brother, celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary.  This is the first time for the grandkids to visit Cushing.
Here is what downtown looked like back in the day before I was born.  My Mother worked at the Woolworth store when she & Daddy were first married.  Daddy worked at the JC Penney store across the street.

Come back Monday to see pictures of our adventure.

4 comments:

Kerin said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!
Congrats to your aunt and uncle.... 60 years....awesome!!

Smiles :)
Kerin

Sis Sue said...

Enjoy the festivities.

cpeezers said...

Have a great day! I love the picture you posted of Cushing way back then!

Elena said...

That sounds like so much fun. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!