Sunday, January 25, 2009

Promises . . .

The Lord will keep his promises.
With love he takes care
of all he has made.
Psalm 145:13





Think about just a few of the promises God has given you. He's promised to love you, forgive you, fight for you, comfort you, answer your prayers according to His plan, and spend eternity with you, to name just a few.
God has never made a promise that He could not or would not keep. That means you can trust Him with your deepest secrets, biggest dreams, and greatest fear. You can take Him at His Word and move forward in the direction He's asked you to go with total confidence.
Even when it's difficult to see God at work in you circumstances, His faithfulness is your assurance that He's not only active and involved, but He's using the situation to bring good into your life.
In God's faithfulness
lies eternal security.
Corrie Ten Boom

14 comments:

Patsy said...

Thank you Lord for your grace and promises.
Patsy

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I loved your post. We all need to focus on god's word. And pray for our country.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9-10 NIV

Hugs, Terrie

Bo said...

Have a wonderful, joyous day! Bo

Tins and Treasures said...

Your post brightened my day today. Thank you! Natalie

Anonymous said...

That's really something to keep in mind.Have a fabulous day.

Hugs,
Chris

Ginger said...

Hi Carol....I hope you have a beautiful day.
Ginger

Linda said...

Lovely post..have a happy day. Hugs, Linda

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

AMEN !! to that carol...thank you...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Sherry said...

What a comfort to know that our God never breaks His promises; never goes back on His Word; cannot lie!
Now that's someone that has my trust!

Thanks for reminding us today of His never failing promises!

Blessings

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

LOVE this post...love Corrie Ten Boom. She was an amazing woman!

NOT looking forward to the winter weather that is approaching! Hope you stay warm.

Your friend in OK,
Sassy

Shelley said...

Lovely post - I love god's promise to guide me.

Stacey said...

Wonderful post.

Hoping for some snow tomorrow. :)

Jenni said...

I love this post! How often I need to be reminded of these things that I forget all to easily! Thank you for sharing this. :)

Have a beautiful day! :)

Jenni said...

Oh, no! I just realized I spelled "too" incorrectly in my last comment! Had to correct myself there! :)