Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Show & Tell ~ Madame A.

I received the "Wonderful Mom Award " from
on Thursday!
Melissa, thank you! I feel so honored!

I think this award is written in French.
What do you think Debbie?
Could we have a translation please?
Congratulations Debbie,
I see you also got the award from Melissa!
I'd like to pass this award along to
Becky @
I can tell Becky is a loving, hands on Mom
who loves her children very much.
My show & tell today is something I probably took to school for show & tell.
Meet my Madame Alexander doll . . .
Isn't she pretty?
My Grandma Minnie gave this doll
to me for my birthday when I was in the 4th grade.
I remember she took me downtown to pick
it out at Billings Hardware.
That store had a large variety of hardware
items & things for the kitchen.
They also had a wonderful assortment
of dolls, books, & toys.
The doll is in really good shape for
being 46 years old!
Have a wonderful weekend friends!!


12 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Congrats! It's so well deserved by you. I know you are so excited about your new grandson.

I also have a Madame Alexander doll I got for Christmas when I was nine.
That makes her 34 years old. I should show her too.

Have a wonderful week.
~Melissa :)

Becky K. said...

Wow! Thanks for the award! That was a pleasant surprise!
I will have to ask Chelsea to see what she can translate on the award. She is learning a little bit of French...

The doll is in great shape!

How nice to have kept it all of these years.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award, that one means the most, doesn't it.She was kind enough to give me the award also. Your babydoll is so pretty and I know it means a lot to you.

Hugs,
Chris

Nonnas News said...

Congratulations on your award! very nice!! I love the picture of the doll that your grandma gave you!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

A Darling Dolly...and so nice that you still have her and the memories to go with! Thanks for sharing.
Warmly,
Tracey
P.S. Congratulations on your award :).

Bo said...

Hi Carol...a great award for a great lady! Your doll looks to be in excellent condition and I'll bet you still love her! ;-) Bo

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

You really took good care of this beautiful doll. What a great memory you shared. Congratulations on the award. laurie

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Wonderful blog and congrates on your new grandson! We have a Nathan to! He is darling! Enjoyed my visit!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Little Town Big Life said...

I have been so "away" that I hadn't realized your grandson arrived---congratulations!!! There's nothing better!

My grandson will turn 3 in March & I love him more each day.

As for your name search--Hank calls me "ya ya" & hubby "papa Gy"
I found that ya ya is the Greek name for grandmother & tho I'm not Greek I just love it!!

What ever he decides to call you will sound like music in your ears!

Little Town Big Life said...

Ok--I'm back with one more thing! I love that you have my little Abby's pic on your side bar. Do share how that happened!!!

Rhondi said...

Hi Carol
That doll brings back memories for me too. Congratulations on the award. It's not french though. I couldn't see it really well but it looks like German or maybe Dutch.

Hugs, Rhondi

Elena said...

Such a sweet Alexander doll! My older sister received an Alexander doll for her 10th birthday and she will has it!