Thursday, January 8, 2009

Let It Snow ! ! !

I'm more than ready to see some beautiful snow. I LOVE SNOW! I must admit I act like a kid when it snows. I love looking out the window to watch the snow falling. I love driving around with hubby the day after a big snow fall looking at the beauty of it all. Here in Oklahoma we sometimes get one or two snow storms each winter. The past two years we've had some major ice storms, but very little snow. I'm ready for some soft, fluffy snow!

I hung our snowman flag yesterday in hopes it would bring a little snow our way before too long!

The song you're hearing today is sung by Rosemary Clooney. I remember learning this song when I was a little girl. It's still one of my favorites! Here are the lyrics . . .

Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Dressed in a snow white gown
Tap, tap, tappin' at your window pane
To tell you she's in town
Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Soon you will hear her say
"Come out ev'ryone and play with me
I haven't long to stay
If you want to make a snowman
I'll help you make one, two, three
If you wanna take a sleigh ride
The ride's on me.
"Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Look at her tumblin' down
Bringing joy to every girl and boy
Suzy's come to town

14 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Carol good luck with your snow girl...where are you at?? we have had snow already here and I am in Calif..hugs and smiles Gloria

Anonymous said...

I like you, love snow. Guess I'm living in the wrong part of the USA for that though. I'm thrilled to see a heavy frost. We rarely get that either. LOL

Hugs,
Chris

Becky K. said...

We were just commenting that we feel like we are only seeing ice most winters now. Hopefully you get a very fun snow!

Mary said...

I had fun with singing Suzy Snowflake to myself this morning. Ha
One more cup of coffee and I will break into harmony!
Thanks for starting my morning out with a smile.
Mary

Anonymous said...

We get ice here in north Texas. We're lucky to see snow flakes, but I'm always excites when we do.

Stacey said...

Me too! I was just thinking that we are past due. If it's going to be cold it might as well snow, right?

Patsy said...

Hope you get snow. More then likely if you do we will here in AR.
Patsy

Shelley said...

I have some extra snow here from Michigan to send to you!

Barbara said...

I love your blog...I haven't thought about Highlight's in many years. I would love to have one good snow....but I always worry about my goats when the weather is bad. Enjoy your snow.

Anonymous said...

I love snow too! I was out shoveling the walkway for the mailman this morning and I looked down and it was so sparkly, absolutely beautiful. How could anyone not like snow?

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Dawn Marie said...

I'm with shellmo--i can send you some of ours..only thing is, you might get a bunch of ice hidden in it.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I used to love singing that song. I love to see snow too. That's probably because we don't live some place where we get LOTS of it! laurie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Garol thanks girl for coming by and seeing my manly stuff...hugs and smiles Gloria

Tracey said...

Carole, I totally agree with you about the snow. We usually get several snow storms a year, and I just love it. Like you , I'm like a little kid when it snows. I take my dog outside and he runs around like a madman. I love you blog and will add it to my favorites.