Sunday, January 18, 2009

Perseverance . . .

Blessed is the man who keeps on
going when times are hard.
James 1:12
Learning to walk takes perseverance. Just watch any toddler-in-training. The victory of making it across the room on wobbly legs comes only after repeated falls into the carpet. But, children don't give up. As they look up at the faces of their proud parents, they are inspired to keep trying until they succeed.
God knows there are times in your life that are much more difficult than learning how to walk. But, He's there, like any loving parent, supporting you if you start to take a tumble. When you feel discouraged and thoughts of quitting begin to run through your head, look up. Your proud Father is close by with His arms open wide, encouraging you to move forward, one step at a time.
Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities:
It is this that in all things distinguishes
the strong soul from the weak.
Sir Francis Drake

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very good lesson to abide by today, thank you Carol.

Hugs,
Chris

Patsy said...

Thank you sometimes I need perseverance and I do look up to my Father.
patsy

Becky K. said...

Excellent! Great to remember in these days...

Blessings...

Nonnas News said...

great post!! we all need to remember to lean on our heavenly father!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Thank you for this this morning. It was just the verse I needed..hugs ~lynne~

Shelley said...

Excellent lesson - I believe perseverance leads to accomplishment.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog...but I'm so BLESSED that I did.

I'm SO thankful that no matter what I face...I face it with my Jesus..and that NOTHING happens in my life, that first doesn't sift through his hands.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Carol, This is a excellent post! Very true and needs to be read often! Blessings, Nancy