Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Banner Day

Hubby & I had a relaxing day on New Year's Day.
We did do a little Christmas deconstruction and finished early this morning.
I put up this free printable banner that I found on Pinterest.
Even though it was on the garland for a few hours, it was fun!

Now it's time to decorate the bare spaces. I thought this quote on my new Mary Engelbreit for January 1st was fitting for getting inspired.
"And now let us welcome the New Year. Full of things that have never been."
I threw the burlap table runner on the entry table . . .
and added this plant.
Come back tomorrow to see what other elements I added.

I'm linking with . . .
Photobucket
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

7 comments:

Sis Sue said...

Your banner was cute. The ivy can represent the fresh start for a new year.

Stacey said...

That is a cute banner. I always want to make those and never do. This year I'm planning to work on being more creative. :)

Isn't it fun to start over after Christmas? I'm enjoying cleaning things up and looking at my goodies in a new way.

Vee said...

This should be fun! Now I want to ask you...how do you keep your burlap table runner so wrinkle free and can you wash it?

Sue said...

I really like your burlap runner, and have wanted to make one, hoping to get some fluffing done next week, this week has been a little slow.
Looking forward to seeing more of your nest fluffing.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
ue

Barb said...

Carol,

I love the burlap runner....think I will have to make one of those for myself. I love, love burlap anything.

The banner is adorable.

xoBarb

Kerin said...

Hi Carol....
love that burlap runner... so cute!

Hope that the New Year is a wonderful one for you and your family.

Smiles :)
K.

Art and Sand said...

I love burlap table runners, but I just don't have place for one. I love yours and will have to come back to see your final set up.