Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Out With The Old, In With The New . . .

Late Friday night while I was waiting for hubby to get home from work I kept hearing a weird clicking noise in the kitchen. I finally figured out that the clicking was coming from the refrigerator. When I opened the freezer I discovered the food was thawing out. Oh no!! When Bob got home he checked out the situation & determined that the compressor was out. We loaded up all the food & took it to Bobby & Kari's house around 12:00 AM.

On May 30 we had a power outage for about 2 hours. The power went on & off quickly several times. Last week we had another outage & power surges. We are pretty sure this is what fried the compressor.



Our old Whirlpool fridge was at least 10 years old, maybe older, we can't remember when we bought it. We spent most of the day Saturday shopping for a new refrigerator. After running all over town checking out the options we finally made a decision.


We bought this Samsung, French door fridge at Lowe's. It was delivered Sunday afternoon. We're still learning how to use all the fancy features. So far we love it!


13 comments:

Stacey said...

What a beauty!!

That's on my list too but oh so expensive because I want all stainless appliances. Paul just laughs at me.

Patsy said...

That is a beauty, you will enjoy.I am Happy for you.
Patsy

OKGardners said...

Congrats! I have the Samsung from Lowe's with French doors and bottom freezer and LOVE IT!!! I did not opt for the water in the door, but there is a water dispenser INSIDE the frig, which works fine with us. I assume yours is also the "fingerprint free" finish, like ours.

I am a new reader, live in Edmond, OK, and will be back for visits. :)

Betty in Oklahoma
blue.eagle@cox.net

Elena said...

Beautiful fridge. Your old one looks exactly like the one we have now!

Darlene said...

I LOVE your new fridge!!! It is so pretty....that is the kind I want next time we need one. Ours is probably 14 years old now so you never know.......

Picket said...

On my word girl that is gorgeous!!!! Does it have that 'new fridge' smell like a new car! lol lol

I am so happy to hear that great report on little Ethan...he sure is growing and is so adorable...Hope you are having a great week girl.

Mary said...

It Shines like a diamond in the sky! I know you will enjoy the new Fridge.
Have a good day
Mary

Sherry said...

Oh sweet! Sorry about your older one, but I feel sure this beauty makes up for the "loss".

Congrats!

(Let us know how you like this one vs. the side-by-side model.)

Tootsie said...

looks awesome

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Love the new refrigerator!! So shiny and pretty!!

Cindy said...

It's cool! :)

Becky K. said...

Pretty!

My friends recently had a similar experience and their new fridge looks a lot like this. Their 20 year old daughter walked in the kitchen late after everyone was in bed the first night it was there and exclaimed, "There is a spaceship in the kitchen!!!". We all got a chuckle out of that.

Technology has certainly changed the appearance of our appliances, hasn't it.

Very nice.

Barbara said...

Carol,

What a beautiful frig..I have seen that one at Lowe's and it is great.
Good luck with your new frig.....