Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's For Dinner Tonight?

The crock pot has been my cooking companion lately .
Last week we dined on pinto beans then, chili.
Tonight's dinner is another crock pot creation.
 I found the recipe on Pinterest.

Baked Potato Soup
[baked+potato+soup.jpg]

Ingredients:
- 5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic (you can use whole, crushed, or minced)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz cream cheese 
- 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning 

Garnishes:
- Crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions

Directions:
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove and puree the garlic cloves (if you used whole cloves) along with 1/2 to 1/3rd of the soup, and then reintroduce to the remainder in the crock pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
- Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!

Yields about 10-12 servings.

I'm so anxious to see how this turns out!
I'll let you know tomorrow.

I'm linking with . . .
Wow Us Wednesdays
Do The Bunny Hop Party

11 comments:

Patsy said...

I can just taste it now, looks so good.

Rhonda said...

Sounds delicous! that is a huge recipe with plenty to share, I would love to come share some but Even though we are in the same state, I think you are bit too far away . :)

momto8 said...

the ingredients sound great! the crock pot is a great invention! tonight we are running all over the place and so we are having pizza..which i save for these kind of nights! enjoy that soup.

larry said...

Thanks.
Keep us posted cause I stole the recipe from you.:-)

Oklahoma Granny said...

I'm looking forward to hearing how it turned out. My main question is how thick (or thin) the soup turns out. Sounds delicious though.

Cindy said...

Hot, hearty and it looks deeelish! Let us know!

okjrmiller7 said...

Carol,
The photo looks really tasty. Do you freeze the leftovers or enjoy it for a few days?

Love Of Quilts said...

My mouth's watering!

Laura said...

Good Morning Carol!

Found your blog through Trish's...and just wanted to say that this recipe looks delicious! We raise our own potatoes...and my guys are definitely potato fans. I am going to try this recipe very soon! Thanks for sharing.

God bless,
Laura

Tina said...

That looks so good. I may have to try this once the weather turns cold again.

Visiting from Bunny Jeans Bunny Hop.

Deborah Anne said...

Well, how'd it turn out? I'm very excited to hear because I pinned that recipe as well (maybe from you?) and I always trust an Okie's taste buds! :)