Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Book Stack Tutorial

When I saw this idea on Pinterest last year I knew I wanted to recreate the look.
Fall decor

I gathered up 5 cookbooks & 1 random book for this project.
Next, I stacked the books in size order.  Big on the bottom, small on top.
I did not have enough black construction paper to do a full book cover so I just covered enough to give the illusion.  
I re-stacked the books & started writing the words with chalk.
I like the way the project turned out.
I'm thinking I can wipe away the words with a damp paper towel & write words for Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas decor.  It should be fun!

I'm linking with . . .

3 comments:

Vee said...

Oh yes! There are lots of things that come to mind...just like a chalkboard. Good one!

Sis Sue said...

Great job. Love the look.

Love Of Quilts said...

Wow that's neat!