Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Fibber McGee Closet

If you are from my generation you may remember hearing about Fibber McGee's closet.
Believe it or not when I was very very young
 there were still radio shows.
One of them was Fibber McGee & Molly.
Fibber had an infamous closet.
Whenever he opened the door to that closet to look for something, stuff would fall out.
This movie clip from the 1941 (11 years before I was born) 
movie,  Look Who's Laughing, shows you his closet. 

My project for today is to clean out my Fibber McGee closet!
I clean & organize this closet once or twice a year, but it always seems to end up
looking like this . . .
In this "junk closet" you will find all kinds of stuff.
baskets
candles
decorating items
items for entertaining like this beverage dispenser

Come back tomorrow to see how my purging
and organizing of my junk closet turned out.

10 comments:

Kerin said...

We all have a closet or two like that :)

I have a few drawers like that too!

Good luck.

I just know it will look terrific when you're done!

Anonymous said...

I have a few of those closets and didn't know what to call them but a mess. Now I'll give them the Fibber McGee names! Have fun cleaning out the closet.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Sue said...

And when you finish yours, I have several that need organizing too! ~smile~ I too clean mine twice a year, and always tell myself that they won't get like that again. Somehow they do, I think there might be some munchkins who come in and mess them up. I do indeed remember Fibber McGee, and enjoyed this video. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue

Marina said...

Good luck with organizing it! I love those baskets. Are they Longaberger?

Elena said...

I have one of those closets too! I need to get in there soon and sort all the stuff :)

Sis Sue said...

More power to ya. You are the "git 'er done" kind of gal.

Christine said...

I have one of those closets! It gets cleaned out twice a year but it always fills up fast with more stuff!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Carol, it's wonderful to have a closet that can be a Fibber McGee closet! Looks like you've got your work cut out for you, but when you get it done, you'll feel so good. Maybe you'll want to come get some of my F.M. closets cleaned out ~ just so you can feel good all over again! laurie

Something Special said...

I don't necessarily have a Fibber McGee closet, but I do have a storage room that gets cleaned out once a year and I am not sure how it happens, but it gets totally out of hand and does not stay organized!

Susy said...

Oh dear. I have a whole Fibber McGee ROOM! With a path to the computer. I'm hoping for motivating inspiration from you're "after" pics 'n post (: