Tuesday, June 1, 2010

40th Reunion . . .

Out of a class of 129, 24 of us met to remember how it was back in 1970.


Violet, Lisa L., Ricky,
Mike, Joan, Leona, Me to the left of Carolyn wearing the black necklace, Audrey, Renee, Mike, Sharon, Donna, Lisa W. kneeling, Pat,
Mike, Larry R., Joe, Larry F., Cheryl (can't see her face, sorry), Patty, Vickie (can't see her either, sorry), Larry G., & Zara.
It was a casual event.
No name tags, decorations, program, or speeches.
Just good food and conversation.

Behind the gray hair, glasses, and added pounds it was fairly easy to recognize who everyone was. I heard comments floating around the room several times, "You haven't changed a bit!". Well, that may be pushing the truth a little! After all most of us are 57 or 58!

We decided we should try it again in 5 years.

9 comments:

Becky K. said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick.
Hope you have a very quick recovery.
I'm struggling with my neck again. Just got back from the Chiropractor. Joy!

Your class reunion sounds like it was perfect. Not too overwhelming and everyone looks like they had a great time.

Becky K.

Linda C said...

Sounds like a fun time- and it looks like a great group of people! I don't know where the years go- and so fast!

My two best friends from high school are still wonderful friends and we love to get together when we're all home again. They both love the Lord and we have so much to talk about when we get together!:)

Glad you had a good time and plan to do it again. That's really a good sign!:)

Have a great week!
Linda

Kerin said...

What a great photo!! Now you have more wonderful memories to blend with the past memories. It's wonderful that you have such a great group of classmates.
Has anyones life experiences really surprised you ?? Like maybe the class clown became a judge ?? :)
Thanks for sharing your photo's with us !!

Patsy said...

I wish I could say class reunions were fun for me but glad you had a good one.
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol...I was out blog-hopping this evening and found your blog. Enjoyed reading it! I, too live in Oklahoma, am a retired teacher, and graduated in 1970! My 40th reunion is this July. I look forward to visiting your blog again!

Liz (aka Ninny)

tincanlily said...

Looks like a very nice low key reunion. Glad you had fun!
denise

Elena said...

That is so cool! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Cindy said...

I'll bet you had a great time catching up with your classmates. No speeches---WAY TO GO!!!!
I hope you are over your illness and feeling fine!

Nancy said...

Truly - my friends look the same to me as they did 40 yrs ago! I always have a bit of anxiety going to reunions and love that I did afterwards. :) Nancy