Friday, March 5, 2010

No Texting Pledge . . .


source google

Excuse me while I get on my soapbox!  Are you guilty of texting while driving?
Well, I can barely text while setting on my sofa let along while driving!
I am quilty of answering my phone while driving.  I'm taking the pledge to not use my cell phone
when I'm behind the wheel.  I have been begging my family members (who will remain nameless)
to stop texting while driving.


source google

I'm very happy that the state of Oklahoma is taking steps to pass a law
to enforce no texting while driving.

Oklahoma is a step closer to banning drivers from texting. House lawmakers are set to vote on a measure which would impose a steep fine.
House Bill 3250, by state Rep. Sue Tibbs and state Rep. Danny Morgan, would penalize any person who is operating a motor vehicle on a street or highway while using a cellular telephone or electronic communication device to write, send or read a text-based communication while the motor vehicle is in motion with a fine of up to $1,000.
“This is an important measure that hopefully will encourage drivers to pull off the road to a safe area if they must text someone,” said Tibbs. “This could save people from serious injuries or death. There’s no reason for innocent lives to be lost because a text couldn’t wait.




source google

Does your state have a law against texting?
source google

Let's take it a step further, don't dial or talk on the phone while driving.
If your cell phone rings while driving just wait until you're off the
road before you check to see who called.
Okay, I'll stop preaching now!
But seriously, take the pledge!

11 comments:

Becky K. said...

I've never texted....ever. So, if I ever do I'll not do it while driving.
That way there will be no habit to break.

Great reminder, Carol!

Becky K.

Parsley said...

No..I don't text while driving and like you, barely can while on the couch.

I remember a day when we all did quite well not being in contact ever second of every minute. Some things can wait...for SAFETY!

Stacey said...

I couldn't text while driving if I wanted to. That would require reading glasses which cannot be worn while driving. :)

I am guilty of talking some...not often though. I'm not a slave to my phone.

tincanlily said...

We do have a no texting law in Rhode Island. I am guilty of talking on the cell phone while driving. But I have cut down on that recently.
denise

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Its already a law here in Ca! No talking or texting while driving, or ticket! My assistant just got a ticket on thurs for talking on cell while driving...a hard habit to break!!

Cindy said...

Sadly, I live in the town where the 5 cheerleaders were killed just a short time after their HS graduation a couple of years ago. It was all over the national news. What a shock it was for our entire community---texting is believed to be the cause. New York State has taken tough measures, also. I just hope it is strictly enforced. Personally, I do not text, but have been tempted to talk on my cell phone while driving. No longer, though.

Patsy said...

I can say I do not text.
Patsy

Oklahoma Granny said...

I don't text at all but I think I'm going to have to break down and learn if I want to stay in touch with family. Why they can't answer the phone is beyond me. Anyway, glad OK is leading the way to stop texting while driving.

Sweet Tea said...

No texting while driving for me, but I do talk on the phone at times. Gonna have to think about that one.

Opie Dawn said...

I agree! Not a good idea to use the phone on the road.

Unknown said...

I'm guilty!
But I'm trying to remember not do this.
Our state, Kentucky, doesn't have a ban as of yet.

Like your blog. I'll be back.