Saturday, November 29, 2008

Moving Slow & Leftovers. . .

Well, they say confession is good for the soul. Yesterday I was moving slow, I guess you could say I was just flat out LAZY! I slept in very late, past 9:00!! I think I was just totally worn out. I didn't get any Christmas bling out! All I managed to accomplish was to gather up all the fall decor and put it in the attic. Today I hope to at least get the Christmas wreath on the front door! Who knows, I may have a great surge of energy & get the downstairs trees decorated. I'm not making any promises though! LOL

Let's talk leftovers! We had leftovers on Thursday night & Friday for lunch, which means we're tired of eating the same thing 3 times in a row. The remaining turkey is going to go in the freezer for future cooking creations like soup & enchiladas. Last night we brought home pizza from Mazzio's, it sure tasted delicious!

If you were out & about on Friday shopping I hope you had a pleasant experience. I saw on the news that an employee at a Wal-Mart in New York was trampled to death when crazed shoppers broke down the door as he was trying to open it! How very sad.


8 comments:

Mary said...

Yes confession is good for the soul. Why do we eat like pigs going to slaughter this time of year. Is it due to all the pent-up emotions and reflection of the past 12 months that we think delicious treats are the reward? Who knows! Well now that was a good confession wasn't it. Ha
I woke up at 5:00 this morning and started fluffing last years bows. I am hoping today will be productive in my quest to finish decorating! Hope you get a spark of energy and keep going on your masterpieces today.
Love
M

Becky K. said...

I could not believe that story out of New York! And when they showed the ambulance loading someone in there went someone just beside them with a huge box of something in their cart. I cannot believe how people behave these days! Just makes me crazy.

At least every one I came in contact with yesterday afternoon was in good spirits and very polite. We had a great shopping experience.

Becky

Anonymous said...

GM Carol...I think we all over ate on Thanksgiving, I know I did. And I think we deserved to take the day off. I know I spent 2 days getting reday for Thanksgiving and I was tired. Even though I did put away my fall stuff and then went over to the clubhouse and decorated the tree yesterday. LOL

Hugs,
Chris

Stacey said...

Let me confess..we ate left overs again yesterday and then I threw them away!! The turkey was all gone. Next time we fry one I want to do a bigger one so we will have lots of left overs to freeze.

We are decorating but right now it's a mess!!

Go Pokes!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Carol how sad is that about that poor man..I have seen on tv where these people go nuts..but WOW!!I hope you get caught up with your rest..Now I did get my tree up yesterday and worked until 11pm and now I am so sore that I probably rest today..hugs and smiles Gloria

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Carol, Enjoy your Holiday decorating today. That is a really story sad about the employee. :( ~Melissa

Bo said...

Hi Carol...Like you said I'm moving kind of slow too, but I think I move a little slow everyday lately...LOL '-) Bo

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Carol...Pizza sounds really good about now. We ahd 2 T'giving dinners to fit everybody in and I don't want to see dressing for another year! Thanks for swinging by to see baby Luke. He is a cutie, isn't he? Have a great evening...Debbie