Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Banners

Day 8 of Thanksgiving . . .
I'm thankful for "freedom from want".
This iconic image of Thanksgiving Day, by Norman Rockwell, was actually one of four prints in his "Four Freedoms" series, which was inspired by President Franklin Roosevelt's 1942 "Four Freedoms" speech. This painting is entitled  "Freedom From Want." March 6,1943.
source

This painting is entitled "Freedom From Want." March 6,1943.
I love this iconic image of Thanksgiving Day, by Norman Rockwell. It was actually one of four prints in his "Four Freedoms" series, which was inspired by President Franklin Roosevelt's 1942 "Four Freedoms" speech.  
*********************************************
I got crafty yesterday making 2 banners for Thanksgiving.
I found the free printable letters on Pinterest.
FREE Printable Letter Banners at Shanty-2-Chic.com! Print a banner for any holiday, party or room for FREE!!!  LOVE these!!
Here's the "thankful" banner I made for the mantel.

I also made a "gather" banner for the dining room.
The letters were aged by rubbing on brown shoe polish with a paper towel.
After seeing how great the shoe polish worked I think I'm going to do the same on the "thankful" banner.

Can you believe Thanksgiving is 2 weeks from today? 

I'm linking with . . .
Photobucket


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Boogieboard Cottage
Seasonal Sunday Teapot copy
Or so she says

10 comments:

The Domesticated Duck said...

Love it and love this time of year! I think I'll have to make some banners this weekend!

Sis Sue said...

Nice job on the banners. I haved the aged look without shoe polish. ; )

Stacey said...

Love your banners!

Kerin said...

Nice post :)

Your banners turned out great.

I think I have the same pin posted....now, I'll have to check, and perhaps make a banner of my
own :)

Enjoy this day!

K.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Carol, your banners are great! What a clever use for shoe polish. laurie

Janet said...

Your banners are so sweet!

Sarah said...

You are a clever girl. The banners look great and very festive.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Love your banners!

Pamela said...

Carol love your banner! It looks great. Thanx for coming to THT.

The Charm of Home said...

Great idea! Thank you for joining HSH!
Sherry