Monday, July 20, 2009

40 Years Ago . . .

40 years ago today . . .
I was 16 years old.
I was driving to the lake with my family
to spend a few days at my Grandparent's cabin.
We were listening to the radio waiting to hear
a history making announcement.

We finally heard the news that man was on the moon!
I kept thinking "How is this possible?"
We were not able to see any television reports when
we arrived at the cabin because there was no TV there.
What a memory. . .
"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"

8 comments:

Opie Dawn said...

What an awesome memory! Thanks for sharing.

Love you,
April :-)

Barbara said...

Carol, I remember that day, how excited we were. We never dreamed a man could go to the moon.
Thanks for bringing back good ole memories.
I haven't been here in a while, forgive me.

Purple hugs,
Barbara

Stacey said...

We were just talking about this yesterday. I remember watching it on TV. It's so amazing!

Patsy said...

That was a life time ago.Great for technology.
Patsy

Kari said...

That's so neat that you remember when that happened! What a cool memory!

valerie said...

I remember this so well.
For some reason I don't remember where I was when I first heard the news, but I definitely remember it.
That was quite a day, huh?

Elena said...

I remember this day too! I was 9 years old and I remember going out to our back yard at dusk and looking up at the moon and being so amazed that men were walking on it! What a profound day!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I remember the day well, and I remember looking up at the moon that night, thinking it should look different somehow! laurie