Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nana's 1st Babysitting Gig . . .

Monday I took care of Ethan while Kari & her sister, Kim, were doing some errands. It's been so long since I've taken care of an infant all by myself. I have to admit I was a little nervous. The girls were only gone for about an hour. He slept most of the time, but did wake up hungry. I was able to warm a bottle, feed & burp him all by myself! Nerves were gone. Babysitting is kind of like riding a bike. Even though you haven't done it for a while it comes back to you quickly!





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! Aren't they just a joy? I hope you have many treasured moments with this little sweetheart ♥

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just want to hold him and squeeze him. He is so cute.Lucky you.

Hugs,
Chris

Becky K. said...

I'll bet your house will be one of his very favorite places to go to.

What a love!

Janene said...

Oh my gosh!
I don't think that I would be able to put that cutie pie down the whole time I had him!
You are such a lucky girl!

Bo said...

Hi Carol...I feel your newfound joy in loving that sweet baby!
;-) Bo

Shelley said...

He is such a precious bundle!! I bet you will be babysitting more and more....!

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh what a joy! There's nothing better than taking care of a baby. The world just seems to fade away and you can get lost in the sweetness of holding that new little life. I miss those days! Enjoy!!

Patsy said...

Sweet baby, Hugs
Patsy

Amy said...

ahhh...such a cutie! He is just the most adorable baby. Enjoy your special time with this adorable one. Amy :)

tincanlily said...

I am sure this is a day you will remember forever! Having the baby all to yourself!
denise

valerie said...

How cute!
I would be the same way Carol. It's been so long since I've even held a newborn. How nice that Kari has you close by to help out.
I know she appreciates you very much.

Brittany said...

That's so wonderful! I bet you were so happy to spend time with your new grandson!

Barb said...

Awwwww, so adorable!!!!!!!

Barb

MJ said...

How sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little one, congratulations!! :o)