Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It Works For Me . . .

I have been hesitant to post about my
battle with the bulge, but finally decided it was time!

I have been a Weight Watchers member off & on several times. It is really the only diet that has worked for me. Back in August I decided to join again, but this time I decided to try WW on line. I really like it! I was able to lose 15 pounds in about 6 weeks. I've put on a few pounds in the past few months, so I'm back at it. I feel so energized & healthy when I eat right. I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad, or stressed. LOL!!! I just realized the other day my 40th high school reunion is next year. My goal is to be at my goal weight by then, which means I need to shed 30 pounds!

Veggies are my #1 defense against snacking on the wrong choices.

The WW frozen meals are great to have around when you need a quick meal.
I do prefer to cook & plan my own menus, but these little gems are wonderful when you need them.
Are any of you doing Weight Watchers or following some other diet plan? I would love to hear from you about recipes & strategies for staying focused & on track.

8 comments:

Tootsie said...

you have WAY more will power than I do!!! I managed to lose 50 pounds in just 3 months...due to excessive stress....I have a husband I could lend anyone who wants to lose weight! lol
good luck doing it the healthy way! keep us posted!

Shelley said...

I think that's fabulous! I've been trying to drop about 20 pounds and I've been walking everyday and trying to make more healthy meals. (I think bread and cheese are my downfalls!!)

Bo said...

Hi Carol...I managed to become a Lifetime member at WW back in '93..
sorry to say, I've fallen off the wagon over & over again...you are right though...WW does work. Wishing you luck! ;-) Bo

Mary said...

I feel your pain on the weight issue. Hope you have great success this time. It is a never ending battle isn't it. I need to drop a few LB's by the wedding.
Mary

Stacey said...

You go girl! I am trying to lose a few pounds too. Just went back to WW last Friday. You are right, you just feel so much better when you do something good for yourself. I'll be your cheerleader!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You are an inspiration to us all ♥

Patsy said...

Good for you, I need to do the same.
Patsy

marie said...

Hi Carol - I joined WW seven weeks ago. I've lost 10.6 pounds. I had a couple bad weeks in there, but I'm really trying to get a system going. I do great during the day because I'm at work...but evenings and weekends are hard.
My ultimate goal is 50-60 pounds off.