Well, the food inventory is complete. I have ingredients for approximately 40 meals, maybe more! I will have to buy a few things such as sour cream & cheese. I'm excited about the challenge to cook more & eat out less.
My sister, Mary, gave me this recipe several years ago. Thanks Mary!!
I usually double the recipe so we can get more than one meal & send some home with Bobby & Kari.
1 1/4 cups green salsa (salsa verde)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (I use dried)
1 1/2 cups (8 oz.) diced cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded, reduced-fat Swiss cheese
1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers.sliced
garnish with diced tomato & sliced green onions
* Mix salsa, sour cream, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
* Spread 1/2 cup over bottom of baking dish.
* In another bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheese and the roasted peppers.
* Spoon chicken mixture in tortillas and roll up. Place seam down in baking dish.
* Pour remaining salsa mixture over top.
* Sprinkle with remaining cheese, garnish with diced tomatoes and green
* Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until bubbly.
Side dishes for this meal:
Chips & salsa
If you try this recipe I hope you like it as well as our family does. Happy cooking everyone!