Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tonight's Menu. . .

Well, the food inventory is complete. I have ingredients for approximately 40 meals, maybe more! I will have to buy a few things such as sour cream & cheese. I'm excited about the challenge to cook more & eat out less.


Note: This is not my picture, I found it on google! :0)

Tonight's Menu: A family favorite, Chicken Enchiladas.
My sister, Mary, gave me this recipe several years ago. Thanks Mary!!

I usually double the recipe so we can get more than one meal & send some home with Bobby & Kari.


Chicken Enchiladas

8 tortillas
1 1/4 cups green salsa (salsa verde)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (I use dried)
1 1/2 cups (8 oz.) diced cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded, reduced-fat Swiss cheese
1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers.sliced
garnish with diced tomato & sliced green onions


* Mix salsa, sour cream, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
* Spread 1/2 cup over bottom of baking dish.
* In another bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheese and the roasted peppers.
* Spoon chicken mixture in tortillas and roll up. Place seam down in baking dish.
* Pour remaining salsa mixture over top.
* Sprinkle with remaining cheese, garnish with diced tomatoes and green
onions.
* Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until bubbly.

Side dishes for this meal:
Mexican rice
Chips & salsa

If you try this recipe I hope you like it as well as our family does. Happy cooking everyone!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

That looks so good! We love mexican!

Rose of Sharon said...

40 meals??? Oh my goodness girl, your pantry is full! That is amazing! I am so impressed and proud of you. I should do the same thing. I get really frustrated because I do not have a large pantry and I cannot see all my canned goods very well, but maybe I can brainstorm and think of something to do about that! Your enchiladas look wonderful!

Hugs, Sharon

Kelli said...

Mmm...those look delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
~Kelli

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Carol!
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Keep up the cooking. I am impressed.
Happy Day
Love
Mary