Friday, October 17, 2008

A New Camera. . .

My new camera arrived late yesterday evening at my door via the UPS man. We knew we had to get a better camera so we can take lots of pictures of baby Ethan when he arrives. I can't wait to experiment this weekend & see if I can get some great shots.

It's called 'Easy Share', sure hope it is easy!!

Here is the recipe for 'tomato florentine soup', this is my second meal prepared from what I have on hand in my kitchen. Bobby asked me if I could try & find a recipe for this soup. He loves the florentine soup they serve at Zio's, one of our favorite restaurants. We all liked it. It was very hearty & tasty. We're having the leftovers for dinner tonight. So far my 'eat at home, eat out less' challenge is going well & I'm enjoying it!

Tomato Florentine Soup

1 med. onion, diced

2 gloves garlic, minced

1 tbsp. olive oil

2 (1lb.) cans tomatoes

2 (1lb.) cans tomato sauce (I used 3 cans to make more servings)

2 tsp. oregano

2 tsp. basil

2 tsp. thyme

1 bay leaf

1 bunch fresh spinach, washed & chopped

Salt & pepper to taste

Saute onion and garlic in large skillet in olive oil. Transfer to crock-pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook for 4 hours on high. If you are gone for the day you could cook it on low for 8 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving. Makes about 6 (2cup) servings.

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Now......I can proceed with my day now that I have had my Blog fix for the day! Ha
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Might try it this weekend.
Enjoy your new camera.
Mary

Darlene said...

WOOHOO a new camera!!! You better get practicing away with it so you will be a pro!!

That recipe sounds great! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!