Saturday, October 10, 2009

To~pi~ar~y. . .

I got busy Thursday afternoon making
a topiary for our front door stoop.

I found some great faux pumpkins & berry garlands
at Michael's on Wednesday.
I already had the basket, Spanish moss, & some leaves.
My trusty glue gun is antique.
I bought it at Sears decades ago.
I cut a hole in the bottom of the
middle & top pumpkins so they could
be glued over the stem of the other
pumpkins. The basket was placed
in an old pot I had in the garage.
Next, I painted black stripes on the pot.


I think the project turned out great!
I'm not sure if I'll make another one
to put on the other side of the door.
It will be a little crowded if I do.
I'll let you know what I decide. . .

13 comments:

Tootsie said...

I'm LOVING this!

Patsy said...

That is just so creative,you did good. I like your topiary.
Patsy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Carol this is just awesome girl love it..thanks for sharing...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Linda C said...

Great job, Carol! Thanks for the inspiration!!:)

Happy Saturday!

Hugs,
Linda C

Elena said...

Beautiful. You did a great job!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

This turned out too cute for words.. thanks for the inspriration.
hugs ~lynne~

Becky K. said...

It looks so great!

So glad you followed your creative impulse...it worked out perfectly.

Becky K.

Kari said...

wow!! Great job!! =)

Opie Dawn said...

It turned out great! I think one will do it for the front door. Such a great idea!

Janene said...

What a wonderful fall idea!
I am going to steal this from you to make my own!
My favorite thing about this is that it can be left up from September through November.
Thank you so much for sharing!

Ginger said...

Your project turned out so cute and looks great by the door.
I was laughing at your comment about your antique glue gun. I have one of those too. Everytime I get mine out, I think I should buy a new one, but there is something about that old one that I like. lol

Rose of Sharon said...

That is ADORABLE! You did a great job! I am going to have to borrow that idea!

Hugs, Sharon

Sherry said...

Oh, I like that! I've seen some beautiful arrangements this year in containers like this. Good job!