Monday, December 1, 2008

Dear Santa. . .

Yesterday while hubby & I were eating a late lunch at our kitchen table we noticed it was snowing! Of course, I became very excited about seeing the 1st snow flakes of the season because I LOVE snow!

Today I'm featuring my Santa collection. These Santas are displayed in our entertainment center on 6 shelves. I didn't put everything out this year, just a few select pieces.



On each shelf I also displayed some crystal & class pieces. The cake stand belonged to my Granny B. I have several vintage Santas on this shelf, 2 standing behind the cake stand & the cute guy on top of the stand. My favorite Santa in this picture is the one kneeling in front of Baby Jesus. I have the book written by Debbie Boone to go along with the piece.
You can't really see very well, but each crystal piece has a battery operated tea light flickering inside.

Here you can see the light in the rose bowl. More Santas of all shapes & sizes.



Another rose bowl and more jolly ole' Saint Nicks.



Crystal candy jar with more guys in red & white.



This is a candy dish I got at Goodwill. Behind is a Santa painted on a mini chalkboard dated 1986.
So happy you stopped by for a visit on this 1st day of December!

19 comments:

Stacey said...

Carol you have a great collection of Santas. I double clicked on the pics to see them better. Love them...I have a few.

bennie and patsy said...

Hello Carol so glad to meet you. Love your Santas and rose bowls.
Patsy

Shellmo said...

I love how you have them displayed! So many cute Santas!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Carol, Love all your precious Santas! How festive they look. ~Melissa

Lynne said...

Carol, what a wonderful collection of Santas you have. How fortunate to have a piece from Granny B. You've reminded me of some of the vintage Santas I made a few years ago with my Aunt. I believe I'll pull them out this year.
Thanks for sharing girl.
hugs ~lynne~

tardevil said...

Love the vintage Santas! Now you know you need to put the rest of them out for us to see! :O)

Ashley and Eric said...

Thank you for following my blog! I adore the picture at your heading. Who painted it? Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

profenretraite said...

Wow! Snow already! I love your Santa collection...so cute! Debbie

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I loved your Santa collection.

the voice of melody said...

First snow of the season? How exciting! We don't get snow down here but I grew up in Canada so I remember those childhood days when we'd get so excited at the first snowfall!

I noticed one of your Santas has a blue/purple coat on. I've never seen him in anything but red so I was wondering if there's a story behind this one. Just curious!

Many sweet blessings!

Nancy said...

Wow Carol! you have a great Santa Collection. Nancy

Bo said...

Hi Carol...what is it about Santas that we all love to collect? Maybe, our inner child? Haha...
thanks for sharing... ;-) Bo

Sit A Spell said...

Great collection...very fun.

The Muse said...

Here is a lovely Christmas prose...
"The Unexpected Gift"
I hope it helps you treasure your family this season...
(it is my latest work)

http://www.jlomowriter.blogspot.com/

Thank you and many blessings...I really am happy to have found your blog :)

laurie said...

What a great idea to use those battery candles on the shelves! Love your Santas. laurie

Tootsie said...

What a great post! I love the collection!

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

What a great collection of Santa Claus' you have!

Linda said...

Hi Carol, your Santa collection is great! I like all the pretty crystal too. I've been enjoying your earlier posts, it's been fun getting to know you...hugs, Linda

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

CAROL
ARE WE TWINS OR WHAT?
LOL