Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Memories . . .

Christmas is 2 days away.
I hope your shopping is complete, and you're
almost finished baking goodies and wrapping the presents.
Now, it's time to relax and reflect on Christmas memories.


It's wonderful to recall being in Christmas plays
at church, singing familiar Carols that
tell the true meaning of Christmas.


Remember the fun you had as a child
leaving cookies and milk for Santa?

When it was time for bed you couldn't fall asleep
because you were so excited!

You couldn't wait until Christmas morning
to see if Santa left you a special gift
under the tree. You woke up before daylight
and rushed into the living room.


Then, when you're a parent you get to experience
the innocent joy your child has during the wondrous season of celebration.

Now, as a grandparent I'm looking forward
to watching Ethan learn about this glorious time of the year.


Merry Christmas everyone!
God bless you and yours!


10 comments:

Mary said...

wonderful entry today. Hopeing to relax and reflect on your words today. Thanks for reminding me to slow down and enjoy Christmas.

Stacey said...

Have a wonderful time with sweet Ethan. Merry Christmas!

Patsy said...

BEAUTIFUL POST :
Patsy

Becky K. said...

I was pondering Christmas' past today...We have had some great ones. Ours will be small and quiet this year...but this will be very special as we enjoy the day together.

Thanks for sending that song out yesterday. It is special. I loved that a father and daughter performed together. And the message was a wonderful reminder.

Hugs!
Merry Chrismas!

Becky K.

Elena said...

Beautiful post! I have many similar memories and now I too am enjoying Mary's joy at Christmas and it is so wonderful. Merry Christmas!

valerie said...

We don't have little ones in our immediate family, but sure can't wait until the day we do.
I can't wait to be a grandma. :)
I know you're enjoying Ethan so much. How fun this Christmas will be.
Merry Christmas Carol!
Love,
Valerie

Shauna said...

Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ HUGS ♥

Kari said...

What a sweet post! I love all the pictures you added =)
I'm so excited for CHRISTmas!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes! I remember! Merry Christmas Dear Carol.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas with Ethan!! Carol you and I are doing a first tomorrow. Grandma's at Christmas!!!

Blessings to you as you celebrate Jesus with your family!