Wednesday, November 18, 2009

P.P.P. ! ! !

Poor, Pitiful, Pansies . . .
In all the years we've planted
pansies this has never happened!


A few days after we planted our pansies we noticed that the beautiful blooms & most of the greenery had disappeared!


We keep hoping to see new growth & blooms appear, but apparently our little rabbit friends are enjoying frequent snacks!

I wonder if this is a sign of a cold, snowy, winter?

Does anyone have a gardening tip to prevent this from happening?



9 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh no.....poor pansies!!!

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh no, I know just how you feel. When we first moved here, the rabbits were thick in our yard. They would demolish my little garden seedlings and it was so discouraging! Now we hardly ever see a rabbit in the yard and I kind of miss them. I think our patrolling barn cats scare them away - or worse. But we still have the deer and coons working to undo whatever we plant. It's always something!!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Carol, how aggravating! Wish I had a remedy for you. laurie

Patsy said...

A little hair from your brush around them should stop that or a little red pepper.
Patsy

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

Oh my! Bad little rabbits! Sorry, I don't have a tip.

When we first moved to Oklahoma we bought a wicker loveseat and chairs for the front porch. After a few weeks we noticed that rabbits had been nibbling on the legs!

Look online. You might find something that could be put down to keep them away from your panies.

Good luck!

Barbara said...

Carol, Sorry about the pansies....Happy Thanksgiving.

Barbara

the voice of melody said...

Pansies are so pretty, I hope there's a way to get yours blooming.

valerie said...

Awww, I'm sorry. I'm no gardener....so I can't be of help. Sure wish I knew what to say. :(